We’re Looking for a Public Relations Account Supervisor!
About Grady Britton:
Grady Britton is a full-service brand agency based in Portland, Oregon. Our specialty lies in building brands that do more; creativity inspired by business goals and a will to be great. Grady Britton is a certified B Corporation. This certification means GB voluntarily invests in meeting significantly higher standards of sustainability, governance and giving back to the community in our daily operations. It stands for “Business as a Force for Good” versus a belief that business exists only to generate profit. Now more than ever, we want our time and talent applied toward greater purpose. Our mantra, “Leave today better than yesterday” is a simple North Star of an idea that brings us in everyday: improving, inspiring, challenging, creating for better. Our community, relationships, strategies, processes, the work— and especially, ourselves. It’s what motivates GB’s difference: building business for brands that put people first.
At Grady Britton we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. We embrace diversity and want applicants of diverse backgrounds so our team represents a variety of perspectives and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Public Relations Account Supervisor:
As the Public Relations Account Supervisor at Grady Britton, you’ll lead with brand and with values. You’ll be a category expert for clients across a variety of B2B and B2C verticals, including tech, insurance, financial services, healthcare, food and beverage, nonprofit and more. You’ll work closely with energetic, passionate coworkers in different departments, and be part of an integrated agency that puts people first.
The bulk of your responsibility will be managing and leading your clients, while helping to bring a creative and strategic approach to campaigns beyond traditional PR and social media capabilities. You’ll bring new and fresh ideas to the table, be comfortable reaching multi-generational audiences and push the boundaries of campaigns you lead with experiential activations, PR/Social stunts and other non-traditional tactics. You’ll be a go-to PR expert and leader to the team and the rest of the agency, and utilize your talents to build full-scale campaigns that go above and beyond our clients’ greatest expectations. You’ll drive for results and build powerful and lasting relationships within and beyond our agency. You’ll also have the support of experienced industry leaders who believe in and trust your talent and who will challenge you to become the best professional you can be. You will work closely with the Public Relations Director to drive growth across our clients’ businesses, and to inspire and cultivate a sense of teamwork and collaboration, while managing some of our biggest accounts. This position does not have direct reports, but will present plenty of opportunity to mentor and delegate to team members across the department.
- Build, manage and implement full-scale B2B and B2C PR and Social Media campaigns in collaboration with paid media and creative campaigns.
- Serve as a day-to-day account supervisor and PR expert for our clients, building and implementing strategic and creative work that moves the needle.
- Identify creative news angles/trends and timely thought leadership topics and opportunities for our clients, suggesting ways we can insert the clients into trending coverage locally, regionally and nationally.
- Contribute to and help lead and build upon public relations and social media strategy for our clients, capable of building and guiding implementation of PR plans and content calendars from the ground up.
- Build strong and ongoing relationships with the media (local, national, trade, etc.)
- Craft highly-specialized contributed articles and work closely with subject matter experts to refine message.
- Monitor key performance indicators and understand public relations and social media metrics, and be able to communicate ROI to our clients.
- Work closely with PR Director and Management Team on new business leads, RFPs and presenting/pitching PR services to new clients.
- Manage client budgets, as well as allocate resources for account work, staffing plans, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in public relations, communications and/or marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience working in a PR Department of a full-service or integrated agency managing both B2B and B2C clients.
- Adepts at working with global brands and partner agencies abroad.
- Passionate about managing and mentoring junior staff members.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strategic planning abilities, results-driven work, writing ability and AP Style.
- Basic experience managing a full range of media relations work from one-to-one interviews, media training, managing on-site media at events and broadcast in-studio settings.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Direct experience in agency PR representing brands in a range of categories, including but not limited to food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, nonprofit, financial and professional services, tourism & hospitality, destination marketing and healthcare. Emphasis in tech and financial services.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with proven ability to execute against tight deadlines and drive multiple projects at once.
- Strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Combination of strong analytical and strategic thinking for insights.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, willing to do what is right for the client and the team.
- Familiar with industry tools and resources such as Cision Cloud, Meltwater, Critical Mention, TV Eyes, Sprout Social, Co-Schedule, Falcon, etc.
- Experienced and excited about mentoring peers and junior staff members.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading social media strategy, content development and campaigns.
- Comfortable and experienced in new business development and pitching.
- Familiar with local media influencers and capable of managing media relations campaigns for local, regional and national efforts.
- Able to identify and complete applications for industry awards and speaking opportunities for the agency and our clients, as needed.
- Experience in creating and managing a client budget, resources and staffing to a scope of work.
How to apply:
Please submit the following information to [email protected]:
- Cover letter – tell us who you are and why you’re interested in the role!
- Updated CV or resume
- Portfolio – show off and show us why you’re the perfect fit for the job: case studies, earned coverage, strategic plans and anything else you’re proud to share.
- Professional References – we would like to receive at least one of each of the three professional references: a client, a boss, and someone you managed.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Thank you — we look forward to hearing from you!