Introducing Andrew Dunlap, GB’s New Senior Account Manager
Meet Andrew Dunlap, our new Senior Account Manager. Andrew is a pro in advertising and strategic planning, with a strong background in digital marketing and website design strategies and projects. He’s worked with firms in Philadelphia, Kansas City (MO), and… Kansas City (KS). With complementary experience in marketing and media, Andrew brings nearly ten years of creative and communications know-how to our agency. In addition to his agency career, Andrew is also the co-founder of Midcoast Station, a film, television, and music review blog.
GRADY BRITTON: What drew you to Grady Britton?
ANDREW DUNLAP: I wanted to be involved in great creative work and learn more about branding. But beyond that, I also wanted to work somewhere I would feel great about—beyond the work, paycheck, and the clients’ and business’ bottom line. Grady Britton stood out to me because of the people-first approach to doing business. Being a B Corp and being upfront about the company culture and values helped the firm stand out and drew me in.
Of course, the office dogs (and cat) are also a huge plus!
What is your favorite Portland hangout?
So far (I recently moved here)…
- Restaurant: Life of Pie Pizza. They have a great happy hour that starts at 11 am and goes until 6pm; $5 pizza—yes, please!
- Coffee shop: Seastar Bakery—insanely good wood-fired breakfasts, baked goods, and coffee.
- Bar: The Way Back—craft cocktails and a secret patio at the back of Tanner Goods on Mississippi. I’ve only been once, but can’t wait to go back. Great cocktails and atmosphere and have live music/DJs. My 2nd runner-up would be The Roofdeck at Martha’s/Revolution Hall—Amazing view of the city, only open on clear days.
Do you have any hidden talents?
I have a not so super superpower: I have an innate ability to know exactly what is left/what we are out of in our fridge and cabinets. Comes in handy when making shopping lists or even going to the store without one.
What TV show or movie have you watched multiple times?
I just finished season 7 of Game of Thrones. I’m going to binge-watch 1–7 again before the next season since we will have to wait so long. I could also watch Jurassic Park every day for the rest of my life.
What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Spotify Discover Weekly.
What gets you up in the morning? What keeps you up at night?
Mornings are rough, but a great book, TV show, or movie are three great reasons to stay up late!
What is your favorite type of food or dish?
Thai! It used to be Pad Thai, but I’ve recently been into Drunken Noodles.
What is your favorite beverage?
- Coffee: Currently digging Stumptown Nitro Cold Brew.
- Beer: 21st Amendment Hell or Highwatermelon (summer season, of course).
- Wine: red—give me a good Rioja or give me death; white—Vinho Verde.
- Cocktail: Negroni (traditional or white).
Where is your favorite place you’ve visited in the world?
Moab, Utah was unbelievable. I was only there for a few days, but went to Arches National park and thought I was on Mars. Would love to go back.
Dogs or cats?
Dogs, but don’t tell Joe.
If you want to learn more about Andrew, feel free to send him an email at [email protected]!